FOOD: HOMEMADE ALMOND MILK23:29:00
I have really liked Almond milk for a while, but I never knew it was so easy to make it yourself! I don´t even have a food processor or fancy mixer, but this turned out just fine with a hand blender. All you need for about a liter is:
50 gr Almonds
Vanilla Essence (optional)
1. Put the almonds in a bowl and cover them with water. Let this sit for about 12 hours.
2. Pour the water away and rinse the almonds again. You can use the almonds when the water stays clear.
3. Put the almonds in a big container and add tripple the amount of water to the almonds.
4. This is optional, but I like to add 2 dates to sweeten and a few drops of vanilla essence.
5. Blend everything very well with a hand blender.
6. Pour the almond milk through a very fine sieve in a cute container of your choice, which is another amazing benefit of making your own almond milk. Stored in the fridge this lasts for about three to four days.