WISH 22: SELFCARE20:08:00
There are huge industries who are responsible for this crooked sense of self, the idea to sell us millions of dollars worth of products to make us feel good.
Breaking out of this horrible mindset will take a while. But it is honestly a decision to like yourself, just as much as being happy is partially a decision. Waking up with a positive attitude towards yourself and the world is a huge big step in making your life indefinitely better.
Another very important step is to start caring for yourself like you would for any other person you love.
Would you talk your best friend down, when she had a hard day? Then why are you doing it to yourself?
Would you tell your sister to stop being such a crybaby, when she breaks down? Then why are you doing it to yourself?
Do you keep reminding your friends of mistakes they made years ago? Then why the hell are you doing it to yourself?
Make being comfortable and happy your number one priority. You are going to be stuck with yourself for the rest of your life, you might as well spend that time being liking you.
Stop beating yourself up. Start caring for yourself. For example:
- Make yourself delicious good food. Feed your gorgeous body with healthy, unprocessed products to fuel it in the best way possible. Not to loose weight. Not for fitness, but just to feel good from the inside out.
- Wear clothes you like. Wether that means going all out and wearing heels on a normal day, because they make you feel powerful or your favourite comfy sweater. Feel comfortable in your clothes and stop giving a damn about how others think you should look. The same goes for make up. Only do things with your looks and body that make you feel comfortable.
- Do nice things for yourself when you are stressed. Make a cup of tea to calm yourself down, read a good book, take a long relaxing bath. Dry your own tears when you cry and tuck yourself into bed lovingly.
- Wash your sheets regularly and enjoy the wonderful feeling of them against your skin. Buy yourself fresh flowers every week and keep your room clean. Make your daily life as enjoyable as possible.
- Find something you really love wether that is writing, learning, teaching, kissing cute boys. Do it as much as possible and give no fucks what other people think about it.
- Order take out when you feel like it. Go crazy on a night out. TREAT YO SELF!
- If daily dates with friends stress you out, cut them down to once a week. If public transport freaks you out take a bike or walk. Don´t hang on to things that make you unhappy to please others.
- Sorround yourself with people who make you better, who lift you up and who are good for your soul. Cut toxic people out of your life. Do not let others take you down.
- Tell yourself how god damn cute you are. Take a million selfies on good days and look at them on bad days. Start loving your bombshell jiggly thighs, your cute little crooked teeth, your amazing brown eyes. You are a fucking goddess and people who can´t see it are obviously visually impaired.
- In every situation listen to yourself. Start taking your own feelings and emotions seriously and make your happiness your priority. Clearly state what you need and what you want and demand it. If you are not going to stand up for yourself who will?